Bad baby boy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triciamaxam74

My youngest make has to be caged because he wants to always fight with the other two boys. They were all fine until Mikey reached three months or so , now he won't get along. He is absolutely great with people . Help with advice PLEASE

He’s definitely going through a hormonal stage, my rats went through the same thing. Hopefully he grows out of it (they’re like little teenagers right now going through puberty). If he doesn’t grow out of it he could have an excess of hormones and be aggressive, at which point I’m pretty sure people neuter them, but that’s only if he doesn’t calm himself once he’s around 9months old give or take. When you mean fighting though is he hurting the other rats? Drawing blood, biting and scratching? Because if he’s just bullying them (pushing them over, pouncing on them, getting on his hind legs and swatting, etc) they could just be establishing a power dynamic which is normal unless they start squeaking and hurting.

How exactly is he acting? Defensive rearing up with mouth open when an older male approaches? Or does he lower his head, scuttle sideways, fur puffed up, rubbing with paws, chattering teeth (I put in all the behaviors just in case, you usually don't see all this early at 3 months).
Have there been any injuries and if so, where and how bad?

How exactly is he acting? Defensive rearing up with mouth open when an older male approaches? Or does he lower his head, scuttle sideways, fur puffed up, rubbing with paws, chattering teeth (I put in all the behaviors just in case, you usually don't see all this early at 3 months).
Have there been any injuries and if so, where and how bad?
He puffs up and rears , with his mouth open showing teeth. He has tore the ear of other rat.

My other boys are one year.
I've tried to let Mikey out but it ended up in a fireball fight. I don't like seeing them fight my other rat parents say let them go at it and figure out their issues?!

Back