Back after a few years!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey

Hi everyone. I am back...again! I adopted two 8 week old boys about a month and a half ago, Podrick & Atticus! ...And I just picked up 3 more baby boys from the same breeder.
I have not had ratties after losing my last four boys for about two years now and have missed them so much.

This is Podrick
Baby Podrick.jpg

This is Atticus
Baby Atticus.jpg

And the new baby boys I just picked up
Baby Gable
Gable.jpg

Baby Azrael
Azrael 2.jpg

And our last precious boy has an eye defect of some sort, which so far has not seemed to slow him down in the least. One eye is smaller than normal, but is open , however the other eye seems quite underdeveloped. But his personality is huge already and he is fearless! I was given the option to not adopt him, since I reserved him before his eyes opened, but we were already in love with him and after meeting him, there was no way we couldn't take him. He will just get right in your hand!

Has anyone ever seen this type of thing before?

Baby Kevin
Kevin!.jpg

Baby Kevin.jpg

Kevin eating.jpg

Yeah he seems perfectly fine otherwise and is the most adventurous/fearless baby rat I have ever had! He loves attention and food. I cannot really tell if he is blind, he does seem a little less aware of things I am handing him sometimes,than the other two do. But he also a super busy little boy so it could just be that! I was just worried it could be a sign of other things wrong? But he did come from a really good breeder and this is the first time she has ever seen this in her BES line, that she has been breeding for several years and did give me a health guarantee for him, but she also felt he was a healthy baby otherwise. His personality is amazing!

Back