Baby Rats needing a home

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee_Dee

About three weeks ago I got a call from the local rescue that does not know enough about rats to take one into their rescue. They called me and I couldn't say no. I brought her home and was deciding I could find a friend for her and keep her (I have all males). A few days later she gave birth to 12 The babies were born sept 22 and are reaching 4 weeks old. It looks like there is 9 males and 3 females (I could be wrong). I am also looking for a home for mommy but when the time comes. I may keep her and some babies in my spare cage I have but I unfortunately don't have room for all of them.

rats.jpg

They are very adorable. Momma is still skittish and I will probably end up keeping her since she was into the vets not too long ago due to one of the babies almost biting off her nipple 0.o. Now that the males are separated they are coming around to being a bunch of sweeties.

are you still adopting out males? we have a fixed rattie gal who needs a friend. its a long story that involves a student giving my uncle a baby rat as a retirement gift, him not having time to look after her and me being the crazy niece that loves ratties. She has been fixed so no babies for us, but she does seem lonely.

Thank you SQ. I will take a look at it. I don't trust Kijiji at all and this is why I thought I would try here. Whichever babies don't get homes from this group I will gladly keep and they will become very spoiled rats. I am already pricing cages as I have a feeling most will be staying with me.

Here is a link you may want to keep an eye on and they are often marked down
http://www.petsmart.ca/small-pet/ca...;sid=Njv3grhQnknygu4Yrf23hopaX5Ju-tH5r0N35ASF

littles, in case you are unaware, if you get baby rats, you will need to get at least two because babies need another baby to play with.
And babies will need to be at least 8 weeks old (10 is better) before being introed to a rat over 12 weeks old
Hope your girls gets some friends soon

Back