Baby rat in need of help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Schmiget

Hey everyone, ive been breeding rats for a while now, and while examining my litter, j found a cyst of some sort on my two week old dumbo male. Does anyone know what this is and why it appeared so suddenly? Please help, i dont want this to cause him to pass at such a young age.

Attachments

• 20190313_104830.jpg
    20190313_104830.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 163
Please take him in to see a good vet with the experience and knowledge to treat rats.

Since you are breeding rats (btw this is a rat rescue forum) I assume that you have a good vet for your rats
The baby may need antibiotics and azithromycin and clavamox are two antibiotics that are safe for babies - they are used to treat different things.
As Fidget said, the baby may need different meds or intervention from the vet. Please take the baby to a vet now

I hope the baby will be ok

I really hope he will be okay. Sadly i caught it right before i left to work and will have to find a vet that accepts small animals since many don't in my area. But i do have meds for situations as such, but i will need to talk to a vet to make sure I get the right diagnosis.

Back