baby rat born with messed up leg

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Ratcell

So my rat creme recently had 3 babies (who are all healthy) but one has a messed up back leg. He was born this way, though I only noticed it more when they got big enough to move. I always suspected something was up with his leg but only now is it super noticeable. He always drags it behind him, though this doesn't stop him from moving around and playing. He seems healthy otherwise. I think he also injured his other back foot somehow because now he is moving it funny as well. Is there anything I can do to help him? I set up a vet appointment for tomorrow but I feel bad and want to help him in the mean time. He doesn't seem like he is in pain but I know rats have a tendency to hide the fact that they are hurt.

Do you have a video so we can see his movement? How old is your boy?
He was born on October 18th so he's 3 weeks old now. I'll post a video when I get back home from school. I took him to the vet yesterday and she thinks he might have a nerve issue and he will realistically be like this forever with his back right foot.

Back