Average cost of tumor removal

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeDee

We found a pet rat in our trash can last summer. We took her in and set up house/cage for her after nobody responded to our lost and found notices. She has now developed a tumor that is pretty big. We only have a couple of exotic pet vet clinics and neither will give me an estimate. The visit alone is $60. I might be able to scrape up as much as $200 but that would be pushing it. What I’m worried about is, will the $60 visit to just see her, be a waste of time if I find out I won’t be able to afford the surgery. If you’ve had this done, can you tell me how much it cost you? Maybe if I can get several responses, I could get some idea. Thank you!

From what I've seen, pricing can vary wildly. In some areas, a couple hundred may cover it but where I live (midwest city), it's more like $400 to $800.

At our vet it’s about $650. You might ask about certain veterinary credit cards that don’t charge interest, if you think you could take care of it spaced out over time but just not all at once.

Back