Are these bar spaces small enough for adult rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatsDrawBlood

I'm buying this carrier soon as I know, the bar spaces small enough for adult rats?

https://www.bassequipment.com/Shop/ONE-COMPARTMENT-CARRIERS-1964

SCI00_300.jpg

If their head can fit, their body can fit too. I would also recommend a different carrier... Also, I think all the open space/nowhere to hide can make rats very stressed. The carrier looks like it has wire bottoms? Very bad for their feet. What are you using this for?

If their head can fit, their body can fit too. I would also recommend a different carrier... Also, I think all the open space/nowhere to hide can make rats very stressed. The carrier looks like it has wire bottoms? Very bad for their feet. What are you using this for?
Probably as what's it's designed for. And after hideys are placed in it. But I think that's just a shadow of the top bars. I couldn't find a bar space measurement for safe-as-adult-cage, because all I found was safe-for-babies-cage measurement. Does no one know how big a space just fits an adult rat's head?

That definitely has wire bottoms. You'll need to cover those with some choroplast, or some type of plastic. Those bar spaces seem pretty wide. Also, for an adult, I'd go with 1/2 inch spacing or no larger than 3/4 inch. But some adults are really small, and predators can fit in the bigger spacing, so I'd go with the 1/2 inch or smaller.

Back