Apology

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Peetle

Hello everyone,

It seems that my initial & original post (titled “Looking to adopt”) my have stirred up some feelings & detracted from the great forum you have here as a place for joyful, meaningful, helpful & informed discussion about pet rats.

Please know it was never my intention to be insensitive to you or the importance of rescuing animals of any species, but especially here - rats. I apologize from my whole heart for offending you or lessining your wonderful attempts in creating this forum.

My original post was meant to find companions rats to bring into my family to give a good, healthy, happy environment to & to love them for their whole lives.

Having said that, I will be removing myself from this forum. I feel that my original post has disrupted your goals here & I hope that I haven’t caused permanent damage. I am truly sorry causing any harm here.

One last thing - I am an avid lover of all types of animals & have rescued many from situations ranging from being no longer wanted to being used as training “toys” for fighting dogs. I am not a breeder, hoarder or insensitive, irresponsible animal owner. My animal companions are my family & I love them all dearly.

I wish you all love, good fortune & joy in your & your companion animals futures.
Thank you for letting me have a very brief stay in you forum.

Kindest Regards,
Pamela

It's unfortunate to see you leave so soon. Were there deleted posts that are no longer in that thread? It looks like you only got one reply, and it was someone offering helpful info. Not sure where the stirred-up feelings are happening. o_O

There's lots of great information here if you change your mind. Lots of folks get off to awkward starts in all kinds of settings-- we're all human, unless the rats have learned to type (clever little muffins, I wouldn't put it past them). Best of luck in your search for rats in your area. :)

This forum is definitely not as busy as it once was but there's still a few of us around. I'm sorry you felt intimidated by our focus, I don't think that was intentional. It's hard to steer people into rescue and discourage breeders without making one feel less valued. We are here to help with all rats. Most of us can't recommend any breeders because we don't deal with those people. I hope you find what you are looking for no matter which way you go. All rats, no matter from breeder, feeder, pet store, rescues, ads...all rats are deserving of a good loving home. All rats are unique in personality, all rats no matter their background can be either healthy or sickly, can have a great temperament or not. Just like dogs, you can get a puppy from a great breeder but that dog can still turn out to be a handful with reactivity. It's a chance you take because animals are individuals like you and I. Please know you are welcome here, no matter.

I am very sorry that you are leaving.
You did not stir up any bad feelings or controversy and you are certainly very welcome on this site.
I hope that you will reconsider and stay

and I hope that you find some ratties to add to your family

Back