Anyone know a good vitamin supplement for rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Schpog

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

I don't feed my rats rat block. I want a supplemental vitamin for them that I can give them. I don't care about cost. I have a 'thing' about feeding animals the same food over and over again every day. I know some of you will disagree with not giving them block. Just hear me out. My girls get the freshest produce and excellent mixes of food every day. I just want to make sure they're getting some of the trace vitamins and minerals they MAY be lacking.

you just aren't going to find a vitamin for rats that will cover any diet deficiencies unfortunately. Most non-block mixes have a dog food base but dogs have totally different requirements than rats do and most mixes would be deficient. I have fed both over the years and found that the better lab blocks actually make rats live longer and have less issues like tumours. My first choice is Teklad Invigo 2014 (rats adore this one) and my 2nd for health is Oxbow Regal Rat. You can free feed these and still give them wonderful supplements for variety and extra vitamins/minerals.

Back