Anybody looking for new additions?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicki

Hey everyone,

We have a lot of rats coming into the Orangeville OSPCA that will need homes and thought I would post here in case anyone is looking! All ages, some individuals and some groups, male and female. There are 18 rats there currently although not all available as of yet.
Here is the link....
http://orangeville.ontariospca.ca/adoptions-others-orangeville.html
If anyone wants more details, pics etc let me know!

Yes for sure do post pictures. There's nothing like a cute rat picture to make people decide they MUST have another rat, heheh. Rats with pictures always get adopted first. Without pictures, the chances of adoption are less than a third, I'm afraid.

There are pictures of the rats that at currently available on the link:) three 8 week old females and a 6 month old male. I can get more pictures tomorrow of them and can post pics of the others as they become available!

I just emailed somebody, but if she doesn't reply or the rat is taken, I will check out your link. Thanks!

3 more baby boys added to the adoption page! Several groups of bonded adults will be added soon!

image.jpg

Last edited:
I have the room for a couple or three girls, but the heater core is out on my truck. if anyone can help with transport to Toronto or even Brampton, I can probably make it that far in the truck without freezing over

Last edited:
I'm in Etobicoke. I thought maybe someone could "spring" them, then just re-adopt to me under separate contract, like I used to do when I operated a rescue. I once drove to 2 distant shelters to get rats that had been adopted "ages ago" (though I called the dimwits before coming), or were buggy or ill ...but I trust you.

It's just that I am so strongly tempted to go for a cute breeder baby right now, and trying to load up with some rescues to shut that door heheh.

Last edited:
Lol, I know the feeling! Good point that could work! There are 3 baby girls there now and 4 adult females (8 months-2). The adults are very social and the babies aren't too bad but need some human attention!

Looking to rehome my Orangeville rat I sprang from the SPCA yesterday. I originally went to get Charlotte (my namesake, hehe) & Co. originally, but they were gone, and Nova ran up to me immediately when I called, and he was the most outgoing and healthy (as most rats FAR from the GTA mass-breeder area are) there. But the smell of my other buck is driving him crazy, and he even took a few anxious nips at me till I moved their cages apart. Since then he has been crouched in same spot in his cage fixated on my oldie, and refused to eat or drink till I moved Old Boy to the closet. A very good rat, but he needs to be away from other bucks. Vicki has kindly offered to take him back, but I am trying to save her the long journey out here, or overload her as she is already an SPCA foster.

Last edited:
Why not give the young boy time to settle in, he's probably quite frightened and worried, long drive, new environment, new rats. it often takes rats a couple of weeks to truly relax and their real personalities to come out.

He is about 8 months old and has a history of aggression with other rats (male and female) in his previous home before coming to the shelter, Im really not sure why the shelter adopted him out to someone they knew had plans of doing intros with other rats :(
The pics of the young boy above is another singleton we have at the shelter that would do very well with others.

He is about 8 months old and has a history of aggression with other rats (male and female) in his previous home before coming to the shelter, Im really not sure why the shelter adopted him out to someone they knew had plans of doing intros with other rats :(
The pics of the young boy above is another singleton we have at the shelter that would do very well with others.

Ahhh. Yes definitely their mistake. I assume intact male?

Thanyou, thats very generous of you lilspaz. "Buck Rogers" may be perfect for you then, as he might not be quite ready to get neutered right away either.

Back