any of your rats chew up your bed sheets?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our rat stays in the bed. She chews holes in the flat sheet to be next to us. I have bought so many sheets it's not even funny! I do try patching but it doesn't help. If you have a pet rat you have to love them to deal with their destructive ways! Haha!!

Both my rats love to chew through bedsheets, pillowcases, and blankets. At this point it’s just the rat’s bed and he can do whatever he wants lol

It's probably because the sheets smell like you 💁‍♀️ it's affection in a way. Only way to get them to stop is to not let them on the bed.
I put an extra blanket down on my bed specifically for my rats so they don't chew the sheets 😂 it's worth a shot in your case I'd think.

Only way to get them to stop is to not let them on the bed.

☝️ That. If you don't want your bedding chewed on, don't let the rats play on the bed. Make a play pen for the rats to play in. It can be as big as you want or have the space for. There are instructions for DIY play pens online. Some just use broken down cardboard shipping boxes as a "fence" to keep the rats contained as shown in this picture. The floor can be lined with puppy pads or waterproof bed pads for people to keep pee from damaging the floor.

Back