Any idea what this wart looking growth is?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollyberryness

Hi all, for the record I had the vet check it out about a month ago and they said it was too small to tell... I will admit I have had mixed results with my vets, but they're the only emergency exotic vet in the area so I prefer to use them. I am looking for another regular vet that specializes in rats but for now I'm staying with these guys since my little rat rescue operation seems to involve constant emergency care.

Sorry for not having better pictures - you all know how difficult it can be to get these critters to remain still for more than a couple seconds. Fwiw the pictures look much clearer on my phone!!

Anyways the growth might be a little bigger than a month ago, nothing crazy thankfully. She has a tooth trim Sunday morning so I'd love some info from you all to take with me this time. Maybe it's a bump from her excessive messing with her face? I think she has some nerve damage and other issues from losing her teeth so she is grooming her little nose area a lot more than other rats

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220505_084728.jpg
    20220505_084728.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220505_084702.jpg
    20220505_084702.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 42
Hi all, for the record I had the vet check it out about a month ago and they said it was too small to tell... I will admit I have had mixed results with my vets, but they're the only emergency exotic vet in the area so I prefer to use them. I am looking for another regular vet that specializes in rats but for now I'm staying with these guys since my little rat rescue operation seems to involve constant emergency care.

Sorry for not having better pictures - you all know how difficult it can be to get these critters to remain still for more than a couple seconds. Fwiw the pictures look much clearer on my phone!!

Anyways the growth might be a little bigger than a month ago, nothing crazy thankfully. She has a tooth trim Sunday morning so I'd love some info from you all to take with me this time. Maybe it's a bump from her excessive messing with her face? I think she has some nerve damage and other issues from losing her teeth so she is grooming her little nose area a lot more than other rats

Thanks
Too blurry, my guess is either a minor infection or a "skin tag" type of growth. I would just keep an eye on it and keep bedding clean

Back