Any experiences with Preston Animal Clinic? (Della update)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SqueakingJellybean

Mission Control -- All is ratness
So, Della has a mass.

Our vet referred us to Campus Estates in Guelph. They're good, but they're also further than we'd like to go in the winter (our driver doesn't handle highways or weather well). We've heard that Preston Animal Clinic in Cambridge is good; Dr. Kozlowski apparently does surgery on exotics, which is what we need.

Does anyone in Ontario, Canada have experience with Preston Animal Clinic, specifically with Dr. Kozlowski?

On a happy note, it looks like Della's mass is benign and very possibly a fat lump. The vet could manipulate it without causing pain or undue distress, and it's taken quite a while to get to a size where it's noticeable as something other than just a looser fold of skin. Given how much the visit alone stressed Della out (she bit me when I tried to remove her from the carrier, and she's never done that to me) we're not going to put her through surgery. She'll be a year and eight months on the first of March. She and Mara are also champion chewers-- one or both of them utterly destroyed a pillow the other day-- so we're pretty sure her stitches would not survive, requiring a repeat vet visit and putting her through way more stress than is healthy.

We'll keep her as comfortable as we can for as long as she's happy with that.

(She is still not sure she's speaking to me. She'll come out on the bed and will come for treats, but she's filled the outward-facing hammock doorway with Kleenex.)

Back