Antibiotics

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dena

I need to give a pound and a half rat antibiotics. I have amoxycillin 500mg or ciprofloxacin 400mg I believe. What dose would I give, and how do I reconstitute it?

Lb and a half is a huge male correct? (454 + 227 = 681 grams)

Take your 400 mg Cipro tablet (are you sure it's not 500 mg?) And mix 2 ml of hot tap water, then once pill have dissolved, add 6 ml of syrup. Thus gives you 50 mg/ml Cipro solution. His dose would be 0.2 ml twice a day. Hopefully you have enough to treat for 3 weeks. If he hasn't improved after 7 days you will need to add another antibiotic.

Yes, he's a chunk. I am trying to cut down slowly on their oxbow, and make sure he gets better treats, when he gets them. And I meant the cipro is 500mg. I should have edited last night, but it got late and I forgot. I have about 10-20 cipro. I never throw antibiotic pills away. I always keep just in case. And if need be, I can always get more. Thank you!

OK so I'm horrible at math. How long will the mixture from a single pill last? Like how many dosages?

Was it 0.2ml, or 0.4? In the first post, you said 0.2ml. Just want to make sure I've been dosing right. Don't want to give too much if your last was a typo. ;) Thanks for the help by the way! :D So far, I haven't seen improvement in brother, but I have in créme. Brother still seems to have wet sneezes (that leave prophyrin splatter) from time to time. That should improve soon, huh? I just made the meds and started them Saturday.

Back