Another agent of SHIELD: Rat Division has passed-- RIP Elsa

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SqueakingJellybean

Mission Control -- All is ratness
Fellow agents and operators,

We regret to inform you that Agent Elsa was retired from active duty yesterday after a short battle with an extremely aggressive foe. The enemy force appeared around mid-December, rapidly increasing in size and strength, becoming deeply entrenched. Elimination of the attacking force was impossible. She bravely took the enemy with her to the grave.

Elsa leaves behind two sister agents, Della and Mara.

Mara is adjusting. Della, however, appears to have gone rogue for the moment, turning against fellow agents and operators alike. We hope that this is an expression of grief and will abate shortly, though there are signs that there may be something deeper at work. Della is being monitored in case the enemy has already begun its intrusion.

Every group of new agents brings a lesson. From this bunch, the lesson seems to be a reinforcement that trauma affects everyone differently-- what doesn't faze one may cause PTSD in another. That and, while we don't like it, we can deal with biters if we have to.

Elsa will be deeply missed. She is gone, but she will live forever in our hearts.

Regards,
Central Ops,
SHIELD: Rat Division

(Elsa had an inoperable mass that was anchored to her rectal wall. In a human, it would have been a touchy surgery requiring a colostomy bag. In a rat, it was impossible. The lump grew four times its size in the space of a month. Della bit my husband three times in the forearm tonight, which is not how she normally behaves. She's started exhibiting some difficulty with balance-- not a whole lot, but enough to make us want to keep an eye on her for other PT symptoms. She terrorized Mara earlier, so we've separated them for the night. Della gets like this every now and again; we think it might be hormonal, so this could be coincidental timing. If that's the case, she'll be fine by morning.)

I am so very sorry for your loss
Thank you for sharing about her

I hope that Della is fine but if she does have a neurological issue, I hope that meds will give her a lot of good quality time
{{hugs}}

Back