Another agent fallen in the line of duty-- RIP Raven

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SqueakingJellybean

Mission Control -- All is ratness
Fellow SHIELD Ops and Agents,

We regret to inform you that Raven, SHIELD: Rat Division's tiniest and fastest agent, has retired from active duty. She passed after a short battle with the forces of PT; at first, it looked like she was winning, but a sudden change in her foe's tactics led to her defeat.

Raven taught Ops some new things about effective methods of redirecting attention, setting boundaries, and not giving in to floor-chewing tantrums (just because the curtains are delicious and have a great mouthfeel and she wants them nooooow does not mean she may have them; willow twigs are more fun, less damaging, and right beside you).

Agent Raven is predeceased by her brother, Special Agent Chess; she is survived by agents Rook and Cleopatra (their siblings), and by Agent Milo. They miss her very much and are all nesting sadly in honour of her passing. Cleopatra was watching over her when she passed.

Good night, tiniest girl. We love you and miss you, and you will be forever in our hearts.

Sincerely,
Ops
SHIELD: Rat Division

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m new here but I wanted to reach out and say your tribute to Raven was obviously deeply heartfelt & touching.

I am hoping you and Raven’s fellow agents find peace at this sad time.

Kindest Regards,
Pamela

Thank you. She was a sweet lady, only about a year and eight months. We figured she'd pass on earlier than the others due to untreatable respiratory difficulties (same thing Chess had), but she never got that far. She may have been fighting the PT for longer than we knew, but when Chess died, it was like she gave up fighting. She'd always hang out on the side of the cage nearest his house, and would sometimes chew the floor to get his attention. She was such a diva! Chess couldn't be neutered because of his breathing, otherwise they'd all have been in together. She still thought the world of him.

Thanks. :) She was a sweet little bean. Rook and Cleo are taking it pretty hard. Rook's never been the most extroverted of boys, but while he enjoys attention in his house, he's coming out less these days. I'm not going to force him to come out-- there's a bridge we put down between the DCN and the bed, so they can come and go at their leisure during out-time-- but I'm a bit concerned about him.

Cleo comes out more often, but she seems at a loss as to what to do with herself. She and Raven were constantly getting up to something together; while Rook and Milo are good company, they're not her sister.

Milo seems to have bounced back fairly well. Hopefully he can help anchor the other two.

Back