amputation?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this for your tiny baby? I wouldn't even consider surgery yet. He's too young to make it through anesthesia, blood loss, recovery etc. I would only operate on a tiny baby if it was truly life and death, but you aren't there yet.

Can you post a video of him moving around? Does he use the foot at all, put it down for balance etc? Does he have dark streaks on the foot? Is he painful to the touch?

is this for your tiny baby? I wouldn't even consider surgery yet. He's too young to make it through anesthesia, blood loss, recovery etc. I would only operate on a tiny baby if it was truly life and death, but you aren't there yet.

Can you post a video of him moving around? Does he use the foot at all, put it down for balance etc? Does he have dark streaks on the foot? Is he painful to the touch?
yes, and okay, he is at my friends who owns a pet shop so i can not get a video, he moves the upper leg as though he's walking on it but doesn't put pressure on the foot, it doesn't drag behind him though, its less red then before and not painful to the touch, i'd say sore with pressure and pain if he bends it the wrong way. he has been jumping and playing more lately. i was not planning on getting him into surgery, just wanted to save up if necessary, thank you very much for your replies

Back