Alright, I'll finally introduce myself!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandycoot

I'm Mandy, and I live in St. Paul, MN with 9 rats of my own and 7 of my roommate's. :) It's awesome!

Let me introduce my kids:

Ratley, the one and only (here with my parents' cat). She was my first rat and is still my baby. She's been battling pneumonia for nearly a year and though it's slowed her she's still the same bratty rat she always was.

This is Hustle. She's 20 months old and, unfortunately, has failing kidneys and serious obesity. But she's still going strong and doing much better than we could have expected at this point! I'm proud of her resolve and her strength to carry on. :)

Thunder is 28 months and quite the love. :heart: I got him from the Rhinelander Rat Rescue in WI and he made me fall absolutely head over heels for boyrats!

My handsome Pabu, from a shelter in northern WI. He's 25 months now.

And the sweetest boy that ever lived, Norbu. An ear infection left him with a slight head tilt, but that sort of just adds to the charm. Surprisingly, he doesn't even notice it and is much too daring for a tilty! Also 25 months -- he was Pabu's cagemate when I adopted them.

Armand and Magnus were already two when I took them in from a foster for the Huron Valley Rat Rescue in MI. Armand is quite the biter, but Mags has sweetened up despite his hard life (somehow he lost a toe and got a scarred eye). They are both 29 months now and are living out their grumpy retirement here. :)

Armand, who always looks at you like he hates you :lol:

And Magnus

Vesper was unplanned, that's for sure! I found her running around on campus late one night. We managed to catch her and fortunately I had an extra cage in my trunk. The rest is history! :roll: Of course, I had to wrestle her away from my mom, who was QTing her and against all odds decided she wanted a rat of her own.

Of course, since Vesper is pretty young and all my rats are pretty old, she needed some company her own age! So just two weeks ago we adopted Compline and Lisey (Lisey is technically my roomies'), sisters from a litter my roommate had rescued and were being fostered at a friend's. I know, no pictures yet, but I'm planning on a photo shoot tonight. :lol:

Aaaaand I also have an obese hedgehog that hates the world named Tierce. I took him in at the end of the school year from a high school zoology class in WI. He's about three (maybe?) and is slowly losing the weight now that he has a proper diet and an outlet for exercise.

OMG what a cute little furry family. Welcome. I love the look on Tierce's face. You have gorgeous ratties and the kitty looks like my Puff.

Welcome to you all! What a lovely introduction, there's nothing better than seeing a pic and little history & personality of each kid. Helps to make them (and you) memorable in this great sea of new people.

It was fun playing 'This rattie of hers looks like this rattie of mine' too. You left me matchless with Tierce tho :lol:

Beautiful children - all of them!

Obese hedgehog that hates the world... that really made me laugh for some reason.

Welcome to the forum!

mandycoot!! Welcome!!

You've got some beauties there for sure!! And a whack of older rats too, how wonderful!

Hope you stick around and share lots of rattie stories with us. :D

:welcome2:

:welcome: to the forum :D We hope you have a good camera because we here could wear you out asking for pics :lol5: You have beautiful animals

Hey Mandy!!! Fancy running into you here! :wink2:

Vespa looks awesome, what a lucky little girl you were walking home that night!

And Norbu. Sigh, how many pieces of my heart can some rats steal???
:heart: :heart:

Welcome to Rat Shack. :mrgreen:

Hi Mandy! AWESOME intro!!!!! :D

Excuse me... but I have to take defense on behalf of Armand!

He doesn't look to me, at all, as if he hates anyone! He looks to me as if he considers himself to be the head honcho of your conglomeRAT (ouch... bad humor... I know!!! ;)!!!) and that merely requires a little respect.

I love a rusty butt rat. Give Armand some scritches for me and smoooooooooooooooches to the rest of your glorious little entourage! Thanks!!! :rose:

Back