Alpha behaviour on intro

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donshini

Tess one of the shelter rats got a new friend yesterday and this is what she did, she is the alpha in the group, but this i had never seen behaviour like this before.

Normally she chases them, puts them on their back, pushes them around with her behind and makes herself as big as a snowball, all dominant behaviour, but this is just funny.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=fUuwn10EUVQ

and she continued until the whole house was covered ...

No problems after that, but still, I laughed my ass off

I had one boy that used to do that - Reggie. Every time his cagemate, William, would go to nap in the igloo, Reggie would wall up the doorway with everything that he could get his hands on. Shavings, food blocks, toys, balls, everything.
I felt so sorry for Reggie because William would just bound through after Reggie did all that work.
Reggie had a bit of a problem with other rats.

Great video!! Yep, she's a naughty girl... being very dominant over the poor little one stuck in the house. But they could overcome it quite easily, there's no outright aggression there.

I expected a laugh, didn't know they'd be coming in waves, I couldn't help it, silly Tess. Reminds me of people covering their ears and going :tmi: when they want something to disappear.
Poor Lluna, she's probably ducking back in there checking the phone book under 'psychiatrists' for Tess.
I hope soon you end up advertising them 'Majorly bonded - Must go together'

Back