All Living Things Multiple Level Cage?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks similar and is the same length and width
it is not identical
I would like to examine one.
Too bad it is sold in a store that sells animals :(

Last edited:
I figure it couldn't be the exact same and be cheaper? I just accidently came across this in a another forum. When I did a quick google search someone mentioned the metal might be different.
Maybe more people will buy bigger cages if they are more accessible and slightly cheaper?

From what I have seen, it is about $150 to $200 cheaper here in Canada then the CN is as it seems to be on sale. Even when not on sale it appears to be significantly less expensive then the CN .... but people thinking of purchasing a cage should check multiple places because they might be able to find less expensive CNs

Last edited:
If you can order a Double Critter Nation online, I would do it.
There are so many online for that same price and its an actual Critter Nation.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NJ0DAY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

This one on Amazon is only slightly more expensive (by $20) and free shipping.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=21359

This one is only $5 more and has free shipping too. Not sure for Canada, but if you could get an Actual Critter Nation, I would do it.

(Sorry if posting links is against the rules, OP did it so I assume its okay :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
It's identical in every way. It is the same cage rebranded for Petsmart. I just got one. The ramp liners have a tag that says Midwest. I bought mine on the 16th for 200.00 and saved on shipping :)

Last edited:
It's identical in every way. It is the same cage rebranded for Petsmart. I just got one. The ramp liners have a tag that says Midwest. I bought mine on the 16th for 200.00 and saved on shipping :)

The front of the cage/design (the way the cage is attached to the stand) looks slightly different in the picture then a CN, but looks like a good cage.
Too bad it is only sold in a store that sells animals because it is significantly less expensive here in Canada then a CN :(

Last edited:
Here are the pictures of the Critter Nation and the All Living Things Multiple Level Cage. They are identical in every way and are even made by the same manufacturer, MidWest. The picture of the tag with the logo came from the All Living Things Multiple Level Cage. :) The metal is also the same, even though it looks different in the pictures, that is simply the lighting in the different rooms. The ONLY difference is that the Critter Nation has a logo welded to the cage. :)

sqtenm.jpg

ndl890.jpg

vo5pnr.jpg

why I didn't think of this sooner but I emailed Midwest:
"Thank you for contacting Midwest regarding your inquiry. The Midwest Critter Nation cage and the Petsmart All Living Things cage are similar in features. The Petsmart All Living Things cage is manufactured specifically for them under their private label name."

Man if I had known about these cages before! My single CN was about $200 just by itself! The DCN options here for me are Amazon (about $450 plus tax), Flowertown Chinchillas ($305 + tax and shipping) or Montreal critters ($400 + tax).

Meanwhile I could spend $350 and for tax and gas included to get this cage at the nearest petsmart in Cornwall.

Add to that that I'm really not impressed by the cage quality of the CN (especially for the price---it reminds me a lot of those flimsy discount parrot cages) and I will probably not being buying another CN.
The amount of McGuyvering and hammering and fiddling, forcing and manhandling it took to get it together was unreal. It still isn't super solid.

Oh well if the ladies are good I know what they're getting for Christmas XD

Here are the pictures of the Critter Nation and the All Living Things Multiple Level Cage. They are identical in every way and are even made by the same manufacturer, MidWest. The picture of the tag with the logo came from the All Living Things Multiple Level Cage. :) The metal is also the same, even though it looks different in the pictures, that is simply the lighting in the different rooms. The ONLY difference is that the Critter Nation has a logo welded to the cage. :)

sqtenm.jpg

ndl890.jpg

vo5pnr.jpg

Does is clip in like the DCN? I thought I had this cage but the one I had was put together by screws and was so annoying to take apart. Does is connect to the DCN?

Back