After surgery care

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SQ, I think I knew most of those, but thank you. I've seen owee stretches that was the worse thing ever to witness. That happened with Clark his neuter infection. After we brought him home and the pain med wore off we knew he need more than the metacam so we got right back in the car and took him back to the vet for more pain medication. We definitely believe in more pain medication than less and probably medicate for more days then we should. That is why we wait for the vet we have doing the surgery since she has been doing research on rats and their pain levels, etc. and has realized she has been under dosing metacam. We've had too many ratties be in pain after surgery that is why we allow a buprenorphine injection after for pain management and have not had a problem with it when given that way. We did have a problem when they used it during surgery with Snickers and Grumpy. Snickers was never really the same after that and he was off his rocker that night.

Back