Advice needed

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kalli_mari

Hello everyone, recently my pet rat has been showing symptoms of having a brain tumor. My vet also guessed that she has one too, she's been showing a majority of the symptoms :(
I really dont want her to be in pain anymore and it breaks my heart when she grabs her head. I read from other posts that you can give them pediapred or dexamethasone to ease their pain.
If anyone knows where I can get one of these items pls PLs tell me where, I would also appreciate it if you could help me calculate the dosage for the product. She weighs 287.00 g ( im sorry but i suckkkk at math)

First, take a video, post it on YouTube, then copy and paste the link on here, so we can have a visual of what's going on. Second, what signs is she showing exactly? If it's a PT, there's meds that can help. It could be an inner ear infection, or stroke as well. Then, after the video is posted, and you answer the questions, message Lilspaz, and ask her to read this thread. She can help you with diagnosis and med dosage. Hope your rattie feels better soon.

here's the link , she's recovering from a mycoplasma infection that got pretty horrible (i almost thought she was going to die but she pulled through. i noticed that she's been swaying severely and she's lost access to her legs. However, she's very old 4 yrs.
she's also been grabbing her head every so often.

It actually looks more like inner ear infection to me. Dizziness and falling, etc. Can be caused by myco. Are her eyes bright and she seems aware? Even if she's wobbly and dizzy? Can you sniff over both of her ears for any foul smell? If you aren't sure, close your eyes and sniff each ear to see if there's any difference. You said she had a myco flareup recently? What antibiotics did your vet give you and how long was she given them?

I agree about the inner ear infection. Sometimes there won't be any smell. I have a girl that apparently had a pretty bad one, and I never smelled a thing. I still do sniff checks.... She ended up with lasting damage. Your poor old girl makes me sad! She's so cute! Hope you get this figured out soon, and she gets better!

she's wobbling a lot less now! but i did smell her ears and there was no odor (same situation with you)which is why i wasn't sure. Thank you so much

She's currently on amox and enro. Originally she was on doxycycline and amox for about 3 weeks. As soon as I started giving her enrofloxacin she improved dramatically

Back