Hi everyone. I have a very ill rat and would like some advice. It's a long story so here it goes: Maggie is a 10 month old female rat who had URI when we first got her. She was doing well up until about a month or so ago when the URI came back. She was gasping for air and lethargic so we took her to a vet and got her an anti-inflammatory shot and 5 days worth of baytril (.15ml). She was doing better but not fully recovered so a few days after the end of her meds, she got sick again. So we took her back and got her another shot and this time about 2 weeks worth of baytril. Again she got better but she was still sneezing. (This is present time now) About a week after that she started looking sluggish and the next morning was completely lethargic. She couldn't really move and hadn't eaten/drink all night because of it. So we take her to the vet. Same shot (didn't seem to work this time) and now a course of trimethoprim sulfamethoxale (.1ml) and this time she isn't showing much signs of improvement. We take her back the next day and get her special food that we can feed to her through a syringe because she's lost weight. The vet said her lungs sound clear and her eyes are bright. We are taking her back tomorrow and my boyfriend seems to think euthanizing her is an option. I want to wait a few more days because she's only been on the meds for two days. She is interested in eating and has been trying to walk a bit when I put her on the floor. She holds her legs and body weirdly, especially the back legs and has minimal control over them. I think she may just be too weak to move properly. She occasionally chatters her teeth and boggles. She's been sleeping pretty much all day and night except when we are trying to feed/medicate her. I've heard her make some clicking noises today which is a new development. We are thinking that maybe the URI has advanced and caused a secondary infection. I just want what is best for her and for her to feel better. Have any of you experienced something similar? Is there anything else I can do to help her? Any ideas as to what could be the problem? The vet suggested putting her on a double course of meds, sending her away for testing, and doing an x-ray. I don't really see the help in the last two options though. Thank you for your help!