About the rat shack forum. Please read

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, first I've seen of this! Then again, I haven't been around as much lately, which I guess is part of the problem to begin with isn't it? ;)

I really do love this place, though. hands-down one of the very best places on the Internet.

The money is really not the main reason for possible closure. It's lack of participation.
It breaks my heart when I see a member take the time to post sweet pics of their rats and recount a story about them and nobody replies. That's what kills a community. Welcoming and replying is really important. A community is only strong if the support is there.

nooo Ive only just joined and already I can see what a lovely place this is ... get ready for ratty stories and pics in abundance. x

jorats said:
The money is really not the main reason for possible closure. It's lack of participation.
It breaks my heart when I see a member take the time to post sweet pics of their rats and recount a story about them and nobody replies. That's what kills a community. Welcoming and replying is really important. A community is only strong if the support is there.

This is so important... And I must say I have been guilty of no participation lately. I no longer have rats and I guess I felt like I had nothing to talk about anymore, no pictures I could post, and just being generally bummed about the entire situation... thus, I disappeared. BUT! I'm back now and instead of feeling like I can't post about my rats and such, I'm going to try to support others! I love you guys, and I want to get involved again, despite my situation :)

When people reply to my threads, comment on pictures & say kind words when I post a memorial, it makes me want to participate more. But when no one comments, it drives me away.

Ratlover2013 said:
When people reply to my threads, comment on pictures & say kind words when I post a memorial, it makes me want to participate more. But when no one comments, it drives me away.

I haven't really noticed threads going unanswered, especially not recently?

Rachael said:
Ratlover2013 said:

I haven't really noticed threads going unanswered, especially not recently?

Never said recently. Just in general & I'm sure others feel the same way.

Agreed. The recent activity has been nice. Lots of photos, new members and interesting discussions. I missed that when it was quieter.

And the photos on here deserve appreciation; I am in awe, because I can rarely get nice close ups !

I'm really glad the Shack isn't closing, and that all the money has been raised. Ditto on everything KMG365 said. I rarely come only because I exhausted myself on rescue a few years ago, and felt that my contributions were all covered here by others. I still find it a great resource for research and I feel that people are all in good hands here, and it's supportive. If there is anything I can do to help by posting on Mooshika, which doesn't get much traffic compared to here but still gets found in searches, let me know by sending me a PM. Those go to my email and I am better at responding to those emails than I am for other kinds of participation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The issue has been rectified!
I am no longer owner of the Rat Shack and this takes a huge load off my shoulders. The new owners are experienced with forum communities and how to make them more sustainable. They will work along side with us to make sure it carries on. RS will be on their servers, no need for that annual scrambling of donations.
Rat Shack has been given a new life and lets all rally together to keep it the best forum it can be. A good friend of mine once said, a forum can only be as good as it's members.

Aww. :(
As happy as we all are that the shack will continue to be up, it's sad that you no longer own it. You did an amazing job and I'm sure we all are extremely grateful, I know I am. Thank you jorats.

I'm still here and will remain here as admin for as long as I want. This place will not change except for the additions of ads, we are still the Rat Shack family!

I'm glad that you found a solution that works for everyone! :thumbup:
I certainly didn't want to lose the Shack! And now you'll be able to really enjoy the holidays knowing that the responsibility of running the forum has been lifted. :D

Godmother, it makes me smile all the time to see you still have that pic I colored for your Stella :)

Jorats -- I'm glad you found a solution! Wishing many more happy years of rat shackery.

fenshae said:
Godmother, it makes me smile all the time to see you still have that pic I colored for your Stella :) .

:threadjacked:

fenshae, my Stella was one in a million. I'm so happy to have your drawing on my signature forever, not to mention the fused glass version, on my fridge, that Joanne made for me.

Back