Abdominal swelling then disappearing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

A while ago, maybe a month ago (or more), Ivy had some swelling in her abdomen, but it went away the next day. I keep thinking about it, so I thought I would finally ask about it. Has anyone experienced this before? I swore she looked a little pregnant, but it was impossible. I'm just glad it went away.

She didn't eat anything different, nothing was different.

Gas? Hard or soft swelling?
Edemas can come and go I think, it is a form of water retention that usually doesn't go away on it's own but can be absorbed by the body maybe.
Gas is not out of the question, but other symptoms would be present like pain motions.
It is so hard to say without someone seeing what is going on, that is probably why people are reluctant to comment.
I would suggest keeping an eye on her and if it happens again to make a appointment for the vets.

This happened to one of Nic's rats too. We got very worried but the very next day it was gone. I'm wondering if it was a build up of fluid or gas... but she never looked like she was in any distress though.

Back