Abandoned outside in a box to freeze to death - NB Canada - Rescued

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Abandoned outside in a box to freeze to death
- Rescued and in need of good homes - NB Canada

Mom, Dad, and 10 babies newborn babies (2 days old)
They need good homes that will provide vet care as they can not stay where they are.
The person who has them found them outside in a box freezing to death!
She rescued the boy and the pregnant girl, but needs them gone asap because of her landlord. She said that she is unfamiliar with pet rats but she started crying when she found them

Located near Edmundston NB Canada.

EDIT: The landlord has given them until Monday to get rid of the rats

February 2019 Mom and Dad pic 2.jpg

1. If you would like to contact the person directly I can give you info.

2. If you can provide a good home to a couple of the babies when they get older, and want to go through me, then please let me know asap as there will be a screening process.

3. If you think these rats are safe - they are not as her landlord wants them gone immediately.
I can not take these rats in as I already have more then 20 rescues.

If you can offer a good home with vet care to a couple of babies please contact me asap ...…...… because these rats can not stay where they are and may be killed if good homes are not lined up.

Picture is of mom and dad (dad is separated from mom)

Last edited:
I'm glad someone saved them, but I sincerely hope they find a home. It's just makes me angry someone could do that, putting them in the cold like this.

We need drivers to pick them up from Edmunsten, New Brunswick to take them to either a new guinea pig and rat rescue in downtown Fredericton or to Care Bear Small Animal and Rat Rescue in Montreal.

I have some good news, Care Bear small animal rescue is going to find transport to pick up the rats from Edmunston NB and get them to her rescue in Montreal.

Hopefully this will come together and it will happen
So if you live in the Montreal etc area, you may want to consider adopting some of these ratties

(If for some reason it does not happen, the back up plan is for me to pick them up and try to find homes.)

This is going to be the most expensive pet rescue I've ever funded O.O Due to not having any luck in finding drivers to pick up some rats from St. Quentin in Quebec which were found left to freeze outside in the snow by a lady who cannot keep them due to her idiot landlord, I am having to pay my friends in St. John, New Brunswick to do an all day drive and back to get them to safety. If it weren't for Maryanne being the only one who could help with so many small animal rescue efforts over there, I don't know how many of the animals would have been saved? This lady is an angel!
1f642.png

Update: Rattymouse was unable to arrange transportation to Montreal
and I was unable to go get the rats due to Scotty's medical emergency - repeated cluster seizures starting early this morning and continuing through-out the day despite an injection of meds. (after several hours at the vet as an emergency this afernoon, Scotty had to be pts a short while ago :( ) I would have gone to get them this evening but they had already been picked up.
Rattymouse's friend from Saint John picked up the rats and will have them available for adoption in approx. 5.5 weeks.

Last edited:
Update: Rattymouse was unable to arrange transportation to Montreal
and I was unable to go get the rats due to Scotty's medical emergency - repeated cluster seizures starting early this morning and continuing through-out the day despite an injection of meds. (after several hours at the vet as an emergency this afernoon, Scotty had to be pts a short while ago :( )
Rattymouse's friend from Saint John picked up the rats and will have them available for adoption in approx. 5.5 weeks.

I'm so sorry for your loss, SQ.
I'm glad the rats found a home. If I didn't live so far away and in the States, I'd totally help.

Back