A fourth agent down: RIP Rook

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SqueakingJellybean

Mission Control -- All is ratness
Fellow Ops and Agents,

We regret to inform you that our senior agent, Rook, was retired from active service today after an ambush by the nefarious Cancer Squad. In a three-pronged assault, they attacked his kidneys, throat, and brain. The fight was brief and sudden; Rook fought bravely, but was overcome by his foes.

Agent Rook has a long and distinguished service record. He comforted his fellow agent, Milo, after they went through surgery together. He carried food to his sisters when they were fighting their own last battles, and he leapt into action to save Milo from certain plummeting, grabbing him by the ankle and trying to pull him back into the base.

Every agent who joins SHIELD: Rat Division imparts a gift of knowledge to Mission Control. Rook's gift was given in tandem with Chess and Milo-- the bathtub method of intros is not for everyone. Sometimes time, exposure, and neutering are the way to go. Listen to your rats.

Rook is survived by his friend and fellow agent Milo. We miss him, we love him, and he will be forever in our hearts.

End Transmission

Mission Control,
SHIELD: Rat Division

I'm so sorry to hear this. I am down to only two rats as well. It's very hard to see them all go, but eventually we just need a break. Whether you're choosing to add some more friends or not, I'm sure the rest of Milo's life will be wonderful with you. It definitely sounds like Rook had the very best care and that you and Milo loved and did the best for him until the end.

Back