9+17 girls

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bati

Got my friends 9 rats, don't do quarantine as I see my friend often. Now I'm introducing the 9 to my own 17, but how long time till I can leave them together alone? They seem to get along fine outside the cage, inside there is a little fluffing and pushing, and I'd hate to come home finding someone dead or injured

Girls are usually easy to intro. How big is the cage? Is it big enough for 26 rats? Cage sizes has a lot to do with how well the rats will behave.
How long did you do intros first? If intros were done for a week and all went well outside the cage, then things should go good inside the cage if it's big enough and I say to watch them for half a day.

I often do my final cage intro on a friday night or saturday morning so that I have all weekend to watch carefully and see how they are truly getting along.

Best Intro Wishes!!

You guys all crack me up with this talk about girl intros going soooo much easier then boys. I have never really had a boy intro go bad. Typically I have them introed within a half hour or so. (Can you tell I don't like doing the drawn out 2+ week intros) I go in for the overwhelm them and throw them together strategy. Before they know it they are in a hammie with a strange rat and loving it. LOL...I of course do this with the utmost supervision. But I agree with Shelagh. I like to try to do my intros on a Friday or Saturday too.

Now on the other hand. I have had some girl intros that I thought were going to be the death of me. Gosh darnit. Man the sqwabbling they do.

Staci

I work strange hours and hubby is home, so they are not left alone yet, but it's going strangely well. I've found girls most difficult to integrate, but 3 months ago the 9 girls stayed with me for a month and they had free-range-time together, maybe they remember each other from back then.

Back