8 mos old female rat, mass near groin, plus a weird thing on her side :P

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I'm rat sitting a trio of girls and one of them, who I was told is about 8 mos old, has a small grape sized lump in the groin area, assuming it's a mammary gland tumor but she seems too young...? It doesn't look or feel like an abscess.
could be a cyst...?

she also has what the owner and I both thought was a would with a scab. I soaked the scab off, there was no pus under it, but the scab grew back and it's not really anything like a normal scab, it's almost got like spikes in it? like it's furry but not fur. Hard to describe.

I am wondering what might be going on with this girl. She was treated for mites/lice and is not itchy anyway.

she is super sweet and social, and while she's not my rat, I'd like to do whatever I can to keep her comfy and as healthy as possible

any suggestions on what these lumps may be? esp the weird scabby thing?

you can see what I'm assuming is a mammary gland tumor, in this video at about 19 seconds in:

not really possible to get a photo of the scabby thing but it's looking more like some sort of odd wart or cyst. Not too worried about that but I'd love to be able to slow down the growth of that tumor (and of course I'd be happy if THAT was a cyst but it's behaving like a tumor )

Back