30 + hamsters- Updated pictures omg baby hammies!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I'm quite the hamster freak myself, so, yeah. Don't know how to reword that. Anyway, you're VERY lucky that none of the moms has messed with any of the others. You generally don't want to touch babies until they are 2 weeks old, unlike ratties. Dwarfies may or may not get along with each other, depending on personalities. I had that problem with my pair of Winter Whites, and it ended up with one of them missing a chunk out of his face. God bless you for taking in all these hammies, and good luck getting them to good homes! If you need any help or anything, let me know, PLEASE! :)

These ones are 2 weeks old at least so we can touch them. their eyes are open and they crawl around the cage... We havent touched the pinky baby at all because it isnt old enough. Most of these girls are nice and tonight I am splitting them up into smaller groups for now. I am going to leave the white momma and take out the one i think is pregnant and put her with a nicer set of girls. We have like 5 females in there right now and we have no idea who is pregnant so i am trying to make them into a smaller group of them for now. They get along pretty well .... other than the older cream girl and the white momma

Very good! Be on the lookout for bites and scratches, and even squabbles! If you see noticeable wounds, you can go to a local market and get some fresh Thyme, get some hot water in a mug (just enough to cover the sprigs of thyme) and let that steep for about half an hour. It's a really good infection fighter, and all you have to do is make it and dab it on the wound for a total of about 5 minutes, and probably 2 times a day. If you have a health food store near you, Manuka Honey (+18 I think) is really, REALLY good for fighting infections. All you have to do is put a dab on the wound. Even if they lick it off, the hamster will still get the necessary nutrients from it!

Been holding the bigger babies, they seem ok, there are 2 younger girls and one girl who is a bit oldr than them and the other two are mommas and older, the young ones are ok, we are tying to work on handling those little ones, my daughter is more than happy to do it LOL

One momma had babies last night.......oh lordy we will be sending out hamsters with our christmas cards LOL

[BBvideo 450,375:3uxyexmd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8jXM5mHMYQ&feature=youtu.be[/BBvideo:3uxyexmd]

I am seeking help from the hamster people on when to split the babies up and if anyone else looks pregnant.. so here is a little video if you care to see it.

[BBvideo 450,375:3sfjfr2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT_heErM4qE&feature=youtu.be[/BBvideo:3sfjfr2g]

and some fighting babies.......

Those babies are so funny! I don't remember my hamsters making any noise, especially like that! LOL

That one definitely looks very round.

Do the hammie forums have pictures so you can age the babies like we can with ratties?

They will be split up in the next few days Sexign something that small is hard at least with rats the balls are big enough to see LOL

One of my friends' daughter had a hamster, and she asked me to sex it, so I looked and said GIRL! Several weeks later I looked at the hammie and said BOY! and where the heck was he hiding those balls the first time?!
My boy hammies always had visible boy bits. This one? Not so much! LOL

Here are pics I found:

SexingDiagramSyrian.jpg

SexingDiagramDwarf.jpg

it turns out there was at least 3 different litters of babies in that cage. we removed 4 boys and introduced them in with the older baby boy. It was successful. Momma had babies on 11/16/13. Due to the nature of hamsters it will be at least 2 weeks before we know how many. I think they may wonder out soon so we may be able to get a count of how many.

My little diva girl is also pregnant I have to get another bin today and split her up with a friend so i dont have so many hamster mommas in one cage...

Hamsters are cute but my god the babies wont ever end I think.

So can you give the hamsters to pet stores to sell? People don't use hammies for feeders, do they? Would that be easier than trying to home that many yourself?

Joanne said:
So can you give the hamsters to pet stores to sell? People don't use hammies for feeders, do they? Would that be easier than trying to home that many yourself?

Where I live, ppl do buy hammies for feeders.

Back