3 Young Females, 2 are super happy and affectionate, the other seems despressed?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Alexzee

So I have 3 young female rats, the two happy ones are sisters, and the " sad" one is about one month older. She will come to the cage for treats but that is about it. I think it is just because she is more mature, but she was still sad about a month ago. She was never really super happy. How do I fix it? I also want to know how to calm the 2 babies down a little bit so I can bring them places without them going crazy. They are super hyper, and I was wondering if there was a method to calm them down. But does the " sad" baby not like me, or is it something else? Please help!

They are normal babies and you can not calm them down
Where are you taking them - somewhere in your home, outside of your home?
… because rats should not be taken anywhere unless it is in a carrier to the vet
Taking them places exposes them to illness, predators, parasites, and if they get startled and bolt they can be lost forever

Can you post a video of your rats (post to your tube and put the link on here)
I have no idea what us going on with your sad baby, she may be ill or she may be more independent then the other babies

Back