3=16+ Rescue Standards and Rexes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sausage4ever said:
The mom's aren't rexes but they could be carriers and I don't think Melvin is the dad of this litter.

Oddly enough, Melvin was their only male, other than the last litter of babies they had going to the pet store that they wouldn't give me (housed in a separate 10 gal tank), so I'm thinking that he has to be the father. I must point out that I know nothing about rat genetics, so I could be totally wrong. :oops:

The younger litter has:

One runty dumbo rex pew male--- adopted

One standard, possibly siamese, ruby eyed, double? rex male--- available<<<<<1

One standard double rex agouti male--- available<<<<<2

Two standard agouti males---both available<<<<<3 and 4

One dumbo agouti female---staying here with her mother

From the older litter:

One dumbo mink female--- staying here with her mother

The rest of the older litter is adopted and both Mothers (Rhea and Skye) and daughters, Daddy (Melvin) and four young boys (two heart melters from Dee, two of Melvin's sons) will be staying here to put me at 14 ratties total. (and I wasn't planning on keeping any babies... :oops: ) At least I have two double FNs now. :wink:

Since there are four remaining boys, preference will be given to approved adopters wishing to adopt in pairs.

Thanks to those that have adopted so far.

sausage4ever said:
Any more adoptions? Or more pics?? :stickpoke:

lj said:
Yeah.....more pics please. :)

Sorry, I've been really busy... :oops:

Two of the baby boys that were going to be adopted are now again available. This means there are now four super cute boys still in need of homes.

I intro'd the two remaining baby girls (and their mothers) with my girls and everything is going well. I have decided that the little girls will stay with their mothers as I had originally wanted, although it took me a while to decide for sure. :wink2:

I really need to find homes for the four remaining boys though. They are all boys. The dumbo rex pew is already adopted which leaves two rexes, one of which is a pew and the other one is agouti and two standard agoutis. Here they are:

ratsandbunny1443.jpg

ratsandbunny1392.jpg

ratsandbunny1393.jpg

ratsandbunny1394.jpg

ratsandbunny1411.jpg

ratsandbunny1413.jpg

ratsandbunny1419.jpg

ratsandbunny1421.jpg

ratsandbunny1423.jpg

ratsandbunny1424.jpg

ratsandbunny1428.jpg

ratsandbunny1430.jpg

ratsandbunny1432.jpg

ratsandbunny1433.jpg

ratsandbunny1434.jpg

ratsandbunny1435.jpg

ratsandbunny1437.jpg

ratsandbunny1438.jpg

ratsandbunny1440.jpg

ratsandbunny1441.jpg

ratsandbunny1442.jpg

I must say that I met these boys today and they are AWESOME! There's two double rexes (one's a pew) and two strangely coloured agoutis.

Pickles of course is the best of the bunch, but that's just me being a new mom. :)

lj said:
I must say that I met these boys today and they are AWESOME! There's two double rexes (one's a pew) and two strangely coloured agoutis.

Pickles of course is the best of the bunch, but that's just me being a new mom. :)

He IS a good dangler... at least until he has to pee... :laugh4:

They're quite dark. When I first looked, I thought they were blues. Strange colouring on those two boys.

Nope PEW.

Yeah Kayla, Pickles LOVES to pee. ;)

sausage4ever said:
Did he turn out to be a very dark eyed PEW?? Remember when you were thinking he was a REW?

And what so strange about the agoutis?

It's the other PEW that has the darker eyes, but as he gets older he looks more like a normal rexey PEW.

They are very dark "agoutis". Just as a note, I thought the minks were agouti before someone told me otherwise. :oops:

jsut to let you know lil'minky is doing wonderfull, he is bigger then the other babies now and loves cuddling and playing with me. he also like to challenge the bigger rat in the cage, what a silly boy. Loki, thinks its funny, and puts him in his place.

Some one once told me, i think it was shelagh that babies are drama queens, and they sure are.

Back