Rest in Peace my little explorer, Pioninho

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomfromBR

Pioninho, the mightiest explorer said planet earth was too boring and went to explore the great beyond.
He passed away from a double infection, Mycoplasma made his immune system falter and another bacterial infection went throught the eye all the way to compress/infect the cerebelum which did damage to his motor balance. But what defeated him was respiratory symptoms, that f'ing Mycoplasma that waned his respiratory symptom broke him. Being objective, I think he passed away without much suffering. Probably the antibiotics and the discomfort of the infection were the only unpleasent factors, by taking care of him his last few day weren't awful.
He loved exploring the house, new horizons, everything. I often left him roam as much as I could while I was at home, and he had as much freedom as I could provide. He didn't have any ratties friends, but I made sure to spend as much time as possible with him to compensate and he grew quite the personality thanks to that. My friends who knew him said often "he domesticated you quite well".
He taught me a lot, not only about ratties but other important things in life which I was in dire need to learn.
Rest in peace my little mammal sibling, you made sure many lives were incredible along the way

Attachments

• IMG_20211025_161045.jpg
    IMG_20211025_161045.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Sorry about your loss, sounds like he had a wonderful life in your care. Agree that their tiny existence teaches us lots about life, and can make us become better persons.
Thank you for your kind words. Yeah they do, they're short but they're very rich

So sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose such an important part of the family. Was Pioninho alone?

So sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose such an important part of the family. Was Pioninho alone?
He was the only rattie of the house, but when he passed away he wasn't alone. I came back to my parents house for some assistance in taking care of him.
So when he drew his last breath my mother was taking care of him, I was coming back home from the grocery store. So yeah...he wasn't alone thankfully, but it's rough

Back