My dear friend Louie passed over the rainbow bridge. 😞

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattle tale

Louie has been with me since he was 4 weeks old he was friendly chunky mischevious and so many more things. He grew a tumor that was very big and grew extremely rapidly. It took about 3 days for the tumor to become half the size of his body. Then he started itching. He itched it so much that he rubbed away all the skin and started a infection. I tried so hard to cover it up before the infection started but he just kept taking the bandages sock jackets, tiny foot socks I made him off. I put neosporen on his cut but it did ent do anything. In the end it th wound started getting nasty and he was clearly uncomfortable even though he was walking around and eating and kissing my hand like he always has. It was a very difficult decision to make to put him to sleep. I spoiled him so much before I let him go. I gave him everything he could ever want. Hard boiled eggs, sunny side up egg, cheerios ,grapes ,strawberry’s, coconut meat yogurt alternative, honey, coconut water, and so many other things. Once I came home from school early on the day he was going to be put to sleep I spent every second I could with him. Then when it was time to go I threw a bunch of treats in the carrier and placed his two brothers alfie and Martie in the carrier with him so he would have company and so that they would know what happened to Louie. And drove him to the vet I was hysterical the entire drive. But I didn’t show it I did ent want Louie to be stressed. The vet I brought him to is a exotic animal vet. The vet called me and Louie into the room looking very solem. I opened up the carrier the vet checked Louie out and told me that this is the right thing to do. The vet placed Louie back in with his friends then gave him a sedative. He squeaked a lot which was hard to hear. Then the vet told me to hold him. I placed him into the crook of my arm and stricken his soft little head. He started getting really tired and was the stillest he had ever been. He was tired, his eyes never closed. Then the vet had me place him onto a soft bed he was completely unresponsive but still breathing the vet covered him up half way with a blanket so I wouldn’t see the needle and I leaned close to his face and just kept stroking his head I stared into his eyes telling him how much I love him and how amazing he is and how he is my best friend then the vet said he had passed, I just kept petting him and and. Crying and I kissed him on the forehead. And I tried closing his eyes but they stayed open. I stayed there for a tiny bit longer crying and petting him. Then put him in the box filled with blankets I brought for him. Then I buried him in my yard under a bunch of beautiful green fern sand I planted a bunch of succulents on top of his grave and placed a ceramic mushroom with his name on it on top. I miss Louie so much I have been so sad lately I think my other ray margie is really sad right now. His eyes are all dim and half closed and he crawls around. Lower the. He used to, and he eats laying down, ya. This all happened 2 days ago. Louie died on the 3rd of October. He lived for 2 and a half years. And is and will forever be in my heart ❤️ this wound in th picture was in the earlier stages.
9835901E-58B0-423F-9899-F96A2BC40E72.jpeg

Thank you all this is so nice of all you. ❤️ right after Louie passed one of my other rats Martie passed away. He was Louie’s brother. We think he had a brain bleed and he was paralyzed for a few days he dragged himself around and he would eat or drink. I fed him with a syringe and gave him water but it wasn’t enough. When I came home from school I found that he had died a few hours earlier. :(

Back