Goodbye, Roxie and Lilly

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessicac

Roxie Shadow, You were such a firecracker and always kept us on our toes with all your shenanigans. We are going to miss your energy and presence with us so much! You were a good sister to Lilly and she misses you so much too. You were so strong and you fought to live so much longer than we could have hoped for. Thank you for everything you gave to us, especially to SC. You will always be in our hearts and we will never forget you. We love you so much Rat Face! With love, your forever family.

My sweet Lilly Miss Lilly, I am sorry we had to say goodbye. You were the sweetest girl all the way to very end. Even when you were not feeling well, you never got grumpy at us, you just wanted to snuggle and be petted. I wish I were more like you! I will cherish all the memories and getting to know you. Thank you for all the love and trust you gave us, and I hope you know how much we loved you too! I wanted to put your memorial here with your sisters' because I know you would want to be close to her. You are missed so much already, We We.
Sorry for losing your Miss Lilly. I can feel how close both of you were. Was she alone?

Thank you, Rattie :)

She definitely stole my heart. I was always a dog person, but after my German Shephard of 15 years died, we got two rats. And now after having experienced the friendship of Lilly, I can officially say I am a rat person too.

Yes, she was alone after her sister died in March. We spoiled the stuffing out of her but it wasn't the same as having her sister. She had spinal problems and lost use of her rear legs. She was happy to cruise around on two legs for a while, but then she just stopped being happy and didn't want to come out to play anymore. She had totally lost her desire to keep going so we let her go.
I know Roxie and Lilly were irreplaceable. Have you thought of having new pair perhaps to fill the void left by the two?

Yes, I have thought about it, but I am not going to have anymore pets right now. I loved me wee friends, but I am looking forward to less responsibility and being able to travel. With my GSD and Roxie and Lilly, they all had major long term health problems which was a challenge to deal with and very expensive. Crazy to think that I have been treating my pets illnesses for the last 15 years! I have always had pets so I am sure it won't be long before we have another. Thanks for asking and your kind words.
That seems like a good decision, you deserve it.
You're welcome.:)

Back