vet

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. kko2046

Please share vet for rats in Ontario/Canada - about Millennium City Veterinary

Hi I have asked before and would like to ask again... if anyone in Ontario/Canada has had decent (or even average) experiences with vet clinics that handle ratties, please share... seems hard to find and I think a list of a few of them would help members with a sick rattie tremendously. I think...
  2. Covenfangs

Tumour by genitals

My female rat of 2 years old has a tumour beside her genitals which was first noticed September and was growing slowly but since December it has grown rapidly. She has been to the vets a few times and we tried treatment to see whether it would slow down the growth rate or potentially reduce it...
  3. J

Possible Degloving? Help ASAP

Hi there! This is my baby Goose. He likes to sit with me while I'm working at my desk but he jumped down right when I shifted and I think I rolled over his tail with my chair. That sounds really awful but he didn't even squeak, I only noticed cause he jumped back so quickly. Its probably more...
  4. S

Vet broke Rats tooth

I brought my rat in to the vet to have her teeth inspected because she was having some issues, wasn’t informed that there was anything wrong at any point with her teeth and a few days after getting her teeth “fixed” she’s now missing a tooth completely! I took my pet rat Notorious DOT in to...
  5. J

PLEASE HELP

One of my boys *about 5 months* is sick and I dont know what's happening to him! His sister died in the same way not long ago!! We woke up and he was just lethargic and drooling, he also looked like he was trying to regurgitate. We waited it out and then took him to a vet. They couldn't find out...
  6. Q

Does this stuff work for rats?

Hi I've recently come across Aristopet Avicycline C Oral Antibiotic for birds and I'm wondering if anyone knows if this works for rats? My 3 year old rat is on .2ml doxy 2x a day for upper respiratory disease. She's still full of life and loves to run around and adventure but I haven't noticed...
  7. R

Respiratory Infection?

One of my boys seems really prone to respiratory issues. He has been treated twice already and he recently started having breathing problems again. He seems to be having trouble breathing. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I don't want him to be having troubles and suffering from it...
  8. M

Taking a hostile rat to the vet?

Hi, My rat Dixie has a large tumor right in between her back legs and it is growing everyday. I want to take her to the vet to see about getting it removed or having her put down if it’s too late, but there’s a problem. Dixie does not like to be touched by strangers or picked up. She will try...
  9. SunflowerPop

Southridge Animal Hospital - Denton, TX

I love these guys! Dr. Jones is one of the more experienced vets I've seen and specifically is a small animal and exotics vet. My first two rats I brought to them needed to be neutered because of hormonal aggression, and I had absolutely no complications with the surgery. Although I don't...
  10. H

Is Rat Sick Or Just Lazy?

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and I have two beautiful boys, Gus and Frankie who are both a little less than a year old. One of my rats, Gus, has slowed down recently and has begun acting quite lazy. Even at night, all he really wants to do is sleep. He sleeps all day and will still play but just...
  11. H

Is My Rat Sick Or Just Lazy?

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and I have two beautiful boys, Gus and Frankie, who are both a little less than a year old. One of my rats, Gus, has slowed down recently and has begun acting quite lazy. Even at night, all he really wants to do is sleep. He sleeps all day and will still play but...
  12. Jake S.

What To Ask Your New Vet

Hello all! New rat owner here. My rat has fleas (another topic for another thread, pop into that if you have any advice for me on that) but other than that they seem happy and healthy. I've had them for two weeks and I think it's due that I find a vet. There's two or three practices near me that...
Back