rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Wheezing Ratty :(

Hello! My three month old female rat has been wheezing for about a week. How do I help her? Thank you and have a great day!
  2. R

Deleted

Deleted
  3. R

Deleted

Deleted
  4. Snowy804

Hi, everyone

So, My name is snow and I own 65 rats. It's a hassle but I love them. I have both male and female rats. I live in an area where I don't have any access to the vet, and there are some nearby who only treat dogs. It's even difficult to find any medication for them. So I try my best to treat them...
  5. R

Rat tail injury :(

Hi! My pet rat seems to have cut her tail while I was at school. I called the vet and sent them some pictures but they have not replied yet. I was wondering if anybody had some advice for me. I put hydrogen peroxide on it and dabbed it. She seemed uncomfortable but it might have been because it...
  6. S

Sneezing

Hi! My seven week old girls have started sneezing and grooming a lot more than usual. is that something to worry about?
  7. F

Rat pups and adults for adoption

Abandoned pregnant rats rescued from Harrisburg area have started having their babies We have set up an adoptathon, on December 17, 2022, as a way of finding homes for all of the rats. We have set up the adoption event as a way of showcasing all of the rats we have and finding loving homes for...
  8. RiddleRats

They say hi

I have Gerard, Bruce, and Olive. All female but 2 I call male. I have had them since 2 month now they are 5 month. I love them more than everything😊
  9. T

Hello! Help with cages please

What cages would you recommend for a first time rat owner with two rats? I’m not sure which one would be best, so I thought it’d be good to ask someone here :). Also, do you happen to have any spare cages that you’re not using? If not, that’s perfectly fine, just thought I’d ask that as well 😅
  10. H

PT steroid name?

I was recently readind a long thread about a rat that had symptoms of a pituitary tumor. My rat has all the same symptoms and im worried we are nearly out of time. Does anyone know the name of the steroid that is prescribed to rats for PTs? Our exotic pet vet moved away from our small city so...
  11. M

white thing on rats eye

hi! I have a big male rat named Bob and I’ve had him for almost a year now! But about a week ago I noticed he had a small white chunk of something on his right eye.. I thought it was bedding and left it for 3 days thinking he would get rid of it himself.. but he didn’t?? so I decided to try...
  12. Nomixiu

Rat limping one leg only

Hi guys, I have a 1 year and 8 months old rat who just started suddenly limping in one foot today, which is super weird because compared to his brother, he's the crazy, running active one always. Yesterday he was perfectly fine, ran around, climbed on stuff etc. Today, I saw him limping his...
  13. Covenfangs

Tumour by genitals

My female rat of 2 years old has a tumour beside her genitals which was first noticed September and was growing slowly but since December it has grown rapidly. She has been to the vets a few times and we tried treatment to see whether it would slow down the growth rate or potentially reduce it...
  14. S

Switching milks?

Hello! My name is Sam, i have had an orphaned baby roof rat for about a week now. I have had him slowly introduced to raw goats milk and he seems to be doing well on it. He’s very active and digests it well. But after some research I see soy based human formula is best for him and the goats milk...
  15. Triss

Ferret cage?

I currently have a ferret in a Savic Suite Royal cage with fleece linings that I change and wash often. The bar spacing is about 1.5 cm. Could I keep rats in this cage? Obviously when my ferret passes away. I love her but she is getting old and when she is gone I want to go back to keeping...
  16. Y

music of mice / look here :)

Your mice will always be happy thanks to the music in the program :) 30 Day Free Trial Download You can download and install the program I tried it very well :)
  17. M

Coat color question!

Hey guys, what color is this rat considered? I’m thinking agouti, but she has a bit more blue/gray than the agouti pics I see online. Thoughts? 😁
  18. Saturnsdeath

Rest in peace Viola and Ophelia

Ophelia passed back in July, she was a curly haired blind albino rat. My baby Viola who just passed one week ago today had pneumonia for the second time and sadly this time it got her. Ophelia had pneumonia as well and passed. They are sisters. Ophelia passed at 6 months and Viola passed at 9...
  19. N

Searching for a home for 3 female rats ASAP

Hi there, I am searching for a home for 3 female rats. Sadly we are moving to a smaller place and it’s unfair to have to downsize their cage for our needs. We are located in st.louis Missouri. If anyone knows of a rescue or someone who is interested that has experience with semi tame rats please...
  20. C

huge bone like lump?

One of my rats has a very large bone like lump on the back of his head/neck, it has no movement whatsoever and feels just like a bone. I have absolutely no idea what this is, I will post pictures in the morning but until then if anyone has any ideas it would help me relax. I will be taking him...
Back