orphan

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Anetxiru

About raising baby wild rats

Hello everyone, First of all, sorry for my english level, i'm new here and I live in Spain, so probably my english is not as good as yours. I'm here for telling you our situation: on May 5 I found two baby wild rats, that they were being attacked by ants, so I decided to rescue them and start...
  2. Ruined

Wild Baby Rescues, Please Help!

Hi there! I'm new to this site but not new to rats. I currently own 11 rats that are all happy and healthy. My landlord has had someone come in to remove some garbage bins outside and in the process they found 4 baby rats. In the process they accidentally killed the mother. They look to be...
  3. S

Switching milks?

Hello! My name is Sam, i have had an orphaned baby roof rat for about a week now. I have had him slowly introduced to raw goats milk and he seems to be doing well on it. He’s very active and digests it well. But after some research I see soy based human formula is best for him and the goats milk...
  4. S

Hello from Sam and baby

Hello, my name is Sam and I’m a wildlife rehaber here in Miami Fl. The place I work does not take non native animals such as palm/roof rats. We got in an orphaned baby roof rat and I decided to take him home instead of letting him be euthanized. I have have had him/her for a little over a week...
  5. Dawn O

1-2wk old baby rat.... help?

So a co-worker brought in this poor little “feeder” baby rat. I took him to my vet but they said his odds are not good. I guess there’s a lot of issues with “feeder” rats, (inbreeding & illness) I really want this little guy to make it. I’m keeping him warm. Feeding him Esilmac every 3-4hrs. He...
Back