mycoplasma

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Nathan

Sounds during sleep

Can sounds during sleep be normal or should I be wary of a respiratory infection? I would think that older rats become more vulnerable to mycoplasma?
  2. ratbabylady

Light Vaginal Bleeding

Hi everyone! I am posting today on behalf of my 1.5 year old blue female dumbo affectionately named Pod. On Sunday I noticed she was bleeding (a tiny!! bit) through her vaginal opening. Bright red blood that was barely leaving her opening & I only noticed it because I was tickling her while she...
  3. E

Advice on diluting/dosing Baytril 10%

So, my rat Ambrose (~11 months old, 435 grams) has always had respiratory issues (namely sneezing and runny eyes), but in the past few months has gotten a bit worse. His behavior is totally normal, but the sneezing has gotten excessive. He has two brothers, and neither have these issues. We've...
  4. R

Respiratory issues & meds not working. Help?

Hello. I need advice. My rats have respiratory problems, I took them to the vet recently. It's not that bad, just some sneezing and porphyrin from nose. I had one more rat who died due to respiratory problems but she had more serious symptoms - sneezing, wheezing, problems with breathing...
  5. MN Rat Pack

Vaginal Bleeding after LRI - How likely could be cancer? Do I qualify for pet insurance?

Hello! Poor Violet has had quite the year. She started with Pneumonia a few months ago, then a Lower Respiratory Infection in December, and this week I noticed some red discharge or blood around the cage clearly coming from her vaginal opening. She also had myco flaring for her first year before...
  6. M

Help needed for curious respiratory symptoms!

Recently (3 months ago) I lost a rat to pneumonia and after that experience I did everything in my power to protect my other girls. I bought a double critter nation (for 4 rats), set up an air purifier, got new dustless bedding( cat pellet paper), began to litter train, sewed fleece liners for...
  7. M

Pneumonia help needed! - Post Closed

My 2 y.o female rat developed classic signs of mycoplasma about 1 week ago. I began baytril when no improvement was seen after 2 days. She progressively has gotten worse and we took her to an exotic vet yesterday. I was under the impression that the vet would choose to euthanize her but to my...
  8. PiddlePod

Sulforaphane (broccoli compound) for airway/lung disorders and infections

Hey All-- So I've been dealing with my own pulmonary issues for about four weeks that had started out as the flu, that then turned into bronchitis (I have asthma) and after having issues clearing the bronchitis for about 14 days, my doctor just recently clarified the diagnosis on today as...
  9. A

Medications online? help!

My vet refuses to give extra doxycycline & enrofloxacin(baytril), I was told by many rat owners to ask for extra to have on hand for emergencies. my vet insists i’ll need to come in for another 400 exams and meds if they have another flare-up. I was told to buy doxy & enro online from a bird...
Back