babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Rat2020

Canada (Other) Looking for a new babies

Pet stores in the city always have hamsters etc. where else can I find some healthy rats? Preference to fancy rats or Hairless on Vancouver Island It’s been a couple years since I had rats which I got from the pet store but I don’t thing they’re very healthy - Ps I’m not on here much so excuse...
  2. Ruined

Wild Baby Rescues, Please Help!

Hi there! I'm new to this site but not new to rats. I currently own 11 rats that are all happy and healthy. My landlord has had someone come in to remove some garbage bins outside and in the process they found 4 baby rats. In the process they accidentally killed the mother. They look to be...
  3. Pandora

neutered but territorial

I just got a new naked rat, I put him in with three other boys (after intros), one is neutered... The 2 intact males don't bother the new guy even when he is terrified and screaming. New guy is mostly blind because he has very light pink eyes.. My neutered male had been seeking the new guy out...
  4. Caitlin

babies sneezing

Hi everyone :) I recently adopted 3 baby boys at 6 weeks old and they’re now around 10 weeks. I also have a solitary elderly male, James, who doesn’t live with them as he has severe breathing problems which i’m treating but I don’t want him to pass it onto them. They’ve never met him but today I...
  5. VonVicious

Need some real advice please

Hello. I recently rescued a young adult rat I name Loki from a school class pet. He was alone his whole life. I am new to rats. He quickly because super awesome and I decided to get him cagemates. The babies Ruckus And Rebel Loved him,they all loved each other. Not even a month after Loki...
  6. Mialee

Sexing babies!

Hi, Is anyone able to help me tell the gender of these 2 babies? I think they look female, but just wanted a second opinion.
  7. C

General advice?

Wasn’t sure where exactly to put this since I wanted to combine a bunch of questions in to one big post. I want to give my ratties a good life, and maybe spoil them a bit. I know I could always google things, but I love the individual advice I get ^^ y’all are wonderful! first off, I’ve only...
  8. D

Baby dumbo boys! What do you call their fur color?

Hey! I’m picking up my two new fur babies in two weeks. They’re two male dumbo rats. what do you call their fur markings/colors? ABC36CCE-AB63-47E2-B61F-BE635B4D2F18 by Danique posted Oct 24, 2019 at 12:36 AM0277B451-C3EF-4F7E-955F-B6E2D4701C09 by Danique posted Oct 24, 2019 at 12:36 AM
  9. Zesana

Critter nation bars

I plan on getting a critter nation super soon, before I bring rat babies home. I just want to double check that the bar spacing will be small enough that the new babies won't escape. I think you can bring them home as early as 6 weeks old?
  10. Mialee

Introducing 3 babies to 3 adults

Hi, I have just bought 3 babies from a breeder in my area to go with my 3 rescue adults. They are 6 weeks old and 2 of them are quite confident but the other little girl is quite timid and has spent most of the time hiding in the corner. She’s the smallest of the group and the breeder said she...
  11. C

NEED SERIOUS HELP (BABY RATS INJURED)

im in serious need of suggestions on what to do here. I have a momma rat who had 9 babies 3 weeks ago today, they were all healthy and everything was well. They outgrew their nursery so I moved them into the top level of my DCN cage with their momma rat last night. On the bottom of the cage is a...
  12. CLee421

Met my new babies today!

they are 3 weeks old. I get to take them home in 3 more weeks! I went to meet them today and pick out the lighter boy. I. Love. Them. Just had to share their preciousness :) 5BB6903E-2988-4754-A624-876C837E5EE0 by CLee421 posted Apr 7, 2019 at 8:46 PM 56B8EC79-3880-4D5F-9425-DC6B50FAD469 by...
  13. C

Is my rat being dramatic?

Hello all, first post alert so bear with me. I have 2 adult females. One regular size, one dwarf. They get along great. I got 6 babies and after a long period of quarantine and waiting for the babies to be a little bigger, I introduced them all using the carrier method. As the cages got bigger...
  14. P

Funky eyes

last Friday I came home with a new cage for my two rats (Bonnie and Clyde). When I tried to move them I heard squeaking and found ten babies. I moved them all to the new cage because theirs was small and dirty. The babies are all healthy looking. I noticed the other day that Bonnie’s one eye...
  15. R

pregnant rat only had 3 babies

It's been around 2 hours (I think I woke up to her giving birth to her second baby) and she hasn't had more. She's on the younger side so maybe this explains it but she only had 3 pups. She seems healthy and is behaving fine, the other babies seem healthy and she is taking care of them but I'm...
  16. R

Pregnant rat wrestling

I recently got 2 female rats and one was pregnant apparently. I didn't know for a bit so I kept the 2 females together and separated them once I noticed that one was pregnant. They wrestled a lot even when she was heavily pregnant (I only noticed she was pregnant recently because her nipples...
  17. C

Help me find homes for rescues in Northern IL

Recently I've been taking in a lot of rescues and oops litters since I know how to care for babies well. The last two months alone I've taken in 3 separate litters. The first one has two boys and two girls left needing homes. The second one has some rexes and are slightly bigger than the first...
  18. Ratmama17

I’m excited to be here!!

Hello everyone! I currently have 3 ratties in a double CN (I know that’s pretty spacious but I’m planning on saving many more when I move out of my parents house) -Immie is my sweet girl. I’m not sure how old she is. I work at a pet store and someone brought her in in a 10 gallon tank by...
  19. lillywithluv

Rat Ran Away !!!!

hello !! so my little Orson escaped his cage somehow and left his brother bug behind. we didn't want him to be alone so we went and picked up a new baby boy today, skully. as we were getting bug and skully introduced we heard scratching in the walls and Orson peaked his head out of a little...
  20. CarlyMS

I'm New Here!

Hi all, I just joined The Rat Shack. I am from Ontario, Canada and am currently waiting for my two baby ratties to be ready to come home in a few weeks. I previously had a pair of boys, Bruce & Snoopy which I attached a photo. And a photo of my new baby girls:) (photos of babies not by me but...
Back