adoption

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

Sold Young female rat for adoption

After purchasing a young rat for my other rat to be friends with, I have discovered my other rat, is actually a fancy MOUSE. I now have a young (estimated 7-9 month old) female rat named Franny, who needs to be re-homed. Given that I am now a mouse owner, I will need to purchase the right...
  2. 3

Pet For Sale 4 rats for rehoming

Hello. I have 4 very sweet rats who need to be rehomed. All are male and they are separated into bonded pairs. One set is a few months old and the other is about a year. I have recently suffered some mental trauma and can't care for them anymore. My mom can't care for them either as she is...
  3. SunflowerPop

7-9 Week Black Hooded Female Needs Rehoming - Denton, TX

Hi all, I have a 7-9 week old female rat named Cheerio that needs rehoming. She's super sweet and smart! She loves cheerios, hence her name, and will take treats out of hands gently. I'd love her to go to a home with other girls as it is just her currently. She is not yet spayed. Rehoming fee...
  4. Internetchild21

New Furry Babies

Here are my newly adopted (or rescued) boys. The hairless baby was a rescue from Craigslist- they were keeping him in a reusable shopping bag His name is Piglet and he has my heart. The boy with the black fur’s name is Link. He was adopted with the two other furred babies. Currently he is...
  5. M

Three Lovely Boys Need a Home in Southwest Florida!

Unfortunately, I have to move across the country to the coast and I can't bring my three sweet boys with me as I was originally planning :( and I need someone who can take them ASAP! They HAVE to stay together! They all have very close bonds and I cannot take the idea of them parting from each...
  6. R

How long to wait to introduce after loss?

I had two rats. Last night one of them passed away in their sleep. I knew she was nearing the end of her life as she had been terminally ill for a long time and was becoming lethargic and losing weight rapidly. I was unsure of when she would go but she passed away sometime last night. Me and...
  7. R

Adopting from a shelter

In the future I plan to adopt a rat from a local shelter. Right now I have two rats. I will be sure to ask about their quarantine procedures, but I'm wondering if I would still need to be worried about diseases like sendai. From my understanding this disease and others like it only show...
  8. B

6 Rats! 4 females 2 males!

I got a female by accident when buying 2 males. A pregnancy insued and I cant take care of these rats any longer. I have 4 female rats, 2 albino and 2 black and white, and 2 albino males. I will NOT sell them as feeders. There will be a 20$ rehoming fee to ensure that they are not being used as...
  9. K

Rats for Adoption in Oakville

For anyone who is in the Toronto GTA, there is a white rat with red eyes named Peter at the Oakville Milton Humane Society looking for a home. They say he is older (around 1 or 1 and a half).His partner passed away so he is lonely. If anyone could consider adopting him that would be great as I...
  10. K

Oakville Milton Humane Society Rat for Adoption

For anyone who is in the Toronto GTA, there is a white rat with red eyes named Peter at the Oakville Milton Humane Society looking for a home. They say he is older (around 1 or 1 and a half).His partner passed away so he is lonely. If anyone could consider adopting him that would be great as I...
  11. K

About 20 Dumbo and Fancy Rat Babies in Need of a Home in CT!

I have a very large accidental litter on my hands. These babies are very small, cute, and social. They would do amazingly in any home. I have both females and males for adoption. If anyone is willing to take any off my hands, that would be amazing! I am located in Windsor, CT, but am willing to...
  12. K

About 20 Dumbo and Fancy Rats Need a New Home in CT!

Hello! A little while ago, my brother was not paying attention to our rats and now we have a large litter of babies and no place to put them! I am located in Windsor, CT. I am willing to drive a ways to find these little guys new homes! These babies are very tiny, quite adorable, and quite...
  13. M

Where did you get your rats?

I am not ready for rats yet. But I am planning to get some in the future. I am from rural Ontario, Canada. My question is: Where do you get your rats from? Here are basically my options - In my town there is a Humane Society. But they only get rats maybe every couple of years. - There is a...
  14. R

1 Dumbo Rat Boy in Need of New Home - SEATTLE

Hi new member here in a bit of a bind! Really mad at myself but I got duped; I needed female rat friend for my current rat ( she was originally a feeder rat so she did not have any litter mates when I adopted her). I managed to find a breeder but I was in a rush when I picked up the rat, and...
Back