cleaning

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. N

Two boys with very poor Hygiene habits

Hi we are new to rat ownership. Before getting our two boys in September I had read lots bout how clean and hygienic they were. We have brothers who were born the beginning of August and came to us at 7weeks. Overall they are great however their hygiene and toileting is nothing like what I...
  2. Kiraa

Mites/lice

My boys recently have had lice AND mites. It’s very unfortunate that a few years ago I had one with lice and he unfortunately passed away after we couldn’t get them off of him. Now that we’re more educated, we looked up ways to get rid of them. I cleaned their cage with 1/10 part of bleach and...
  3. O

Clean cage! (+cage pic sharing)

How long does it take everyone to clean their rattie cages? I have a double CN for my two rats and it takes me about 2 hours twice a week as I have some smelly boys!:rolleyes::rolleyes: Post your cage pictures!
  4. K

What to clean cage with?

Hello, I am new to this forum so I apologize if something is done wrong. Anyways, I am possibly getting rats and want to know what I should use for cleaning the cage (like what kind of wipes?) Anything that is unsafe and that I should avoid? Thanks. I live in Ontario by the way so products that...
  5. O

URGENT: Mites on Rats/Wooden Toys/Cage Cleaning?

Hello all! I literally just created an account to get advice So about a week ago I treated my dog for fleas and the other day I found mites on my ratties I’m lucky to be in the UK because we have some pretty good spot-on for rats with ivermectin (called beaphar) which should arrive on...
Back