allergies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. legacy-of-rat

My rat sneezing a lot in the mornings

Hi, I have been the proud mommy of many rats over the years. Normally when we come across an issue we can take care of it ourselves, but I decided to sign up and ask here. Right now we have two precious boys who are near 2 years old, but doing well. The one we'll be talking about today is...
  2. ShelbyL92

Rat has possible allergies?

So one of my boys(Floki) occasionally has this loud breathing but goes away after he is active more. But since the weather is changing I'm wondering if this may play a part in his loud breathing. There is no sign of porphyrin and his brother has no breathing issues at all... So I'm wondering if...
  3. Nataly

Am I allergic to my rat?

Backstory: ok so as you can probably tell i'm a first time rat parent with no experience. I got my boy Jack from my teacher because she bought him and a few others so the second year students could draw blood from them and the first years (me) could practice administering oral and optic...
  4. A

Young rat has recurring snuffle/wheeze

I have a 5 month old rat who was treated by a vet for a sinus infection about one month ago. She was given a 10 day course of antibiotics and her snuffle was gone by around day 4. I’ve noticed it slowly coming back over the last week. I still think it’s only in her nose because I don’t hear it...
Back