My rat turned pink

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMischief

Hi all,

This is my first post, mostly because no matter how many different ways I try to phrase “pet rat dyed pink” in a google search, it never really turns up anything useful.
So basically, I have two boys Steven and Laurie (after Steven Fry and Hue Laurie) and they are size appropriate (Steven is the big one). One evening during play time Steven managed to take off with a piece of our Christmas potpourri (a piece of dried strawberry) and hid it under the sofa. Then he preceded to try and eat it I assume but didnt finish it off, then he fell asleep on it. When play time was over we try and coax him out from under the sofa with some seeds and Voila Pink Ratto.

Essentially I’m trying to find out the best method of getting the stain out of his white fur, at the moment he looks like he lost a game of paintball quite badly. I’m fairly sure I have seen videos of people bathing their rats, but as they have only been with me for 2 months they can occasionally spook a bit and try and run for safety (even if safety is vertically downwards a few feet...)
If bathing is the best call does anyone know of a soap that will be safe for me to use on them, that will also get the dye out (this is the tricky bit because I know berry stains are a nightmare to get out of white shirts....)

Any help much appreciated!

lol He must be quite the sight. I think with time, he should end up cleaning it of himself but you could try a very mild soap like a castile soap.

Back