Clavamox soaked into bread?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlou

The vet is closed on Sunday so I’m hoping someone more experienced with rats than I can answer my question.

My 4 month old just started on Clavamox for a URI on Friday evening and the dose is so small I’m not sure it’s all getting in him or rubbed into his chin. Would this antibiotic be ok soaked into a tiny piece of bread?

The vet suggested other liquid-like things to mix it with but he doesn’t care for anything I’ve tried so I’ve been attempting to just slip the syringe in his mouth and since the dose is just a drop I really can’t tell if it gets in him or on him.

The best way I found was to mix it with about 0.5-1mL chicken baby food. Mine always licked their plates clean.

Thanks, I could try that if it’s not ok soaked into bread?

He accepts it on the bread, I just remember reading somewhere a while back about certain antibiotics that don’t work as well given on bread and wanted to make sure clavamox is ok that way. He’s taken it twice now that way.

Now that it’s Monday I have a call in to our vet this morning to talk about his progress so I will ask her then.

Back