• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free cages in NS

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

Hi everyone,
It has been a long time since I was here. I am now taking a break from rats and want to give away my cages and rat stuff. I have a Double Critter Nation, a Hagen cage 16" x 25" x 24" high, and two small cages I used for transport. The DCN is several years old so has a bit of rust in the odd area where the powder coat has come off, but is overall in good shape. I also have extra ramps and shelves (to make it easier for oldies). I don't want to throw this stuff in the garbage so I'm hoping someone will be able to use it.
I am located in the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia.

If there isn't anyone here close enough to take advantage of your offer, you might see if there are any shelters in NS that take in rats and might appreciate your donation for the use of rats.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of anything in NS except feeder breeders, one of whom in Truro occasionally masquerades as a rescue.

Lilspaz68 and a few others may know of someone as they know many people.

Edit: I messaged a few people

Last edited:
a person on NS rat site suggested that you contact the SPCA as they take in pet rats and would likely appreciate a cage for small pets such as pet rats

Back