New rescue SICK or Asma??? Please help.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsmrhayner

Ok so I got contacted by a lady who couldn't keep her rats and tried to sell them but couldn't. I know I know I have a lot on my hands now but with the fact that I have adopted out almost 2 of the 4 unexpected​ litters I got with the last intakes I have a open cage so I decided to take them in. Harley & Quinn are very sweet and love human contact. I was holding Quinn and she sneezed didn't think much of it in tell she kept doing it. I put my ear up to her ribs and she seems raspy. I called the lady and asked if she noticed it she said she has always been that way since she had her. That's a year she's been this way she is kinda skinny maybe its just me. Can't get a pic to download.

While sneezing could be due to many things, If she sounds raspy, it sounds like she needs to see a vet asap and be put onto antibiotics

Ok so set a vet visit but vet won't be back until next week. Amy called tho and asked me to tell her what was going on. After talking to Amy (my rat vet) she said she would have her office get antibiotics set up till she gets back. She's great and she don't charge like every one dose she has me pay the vet check fee for one rat and dose a check on all the rats I take so I don't pay per rat.

This is Quinn
b1c802d97be43f5c1df2efa2bebf4aab.jpg

Back