Orphan Rat Babies (Help)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Colwood, if you need an emergency foster home for them let me know!

I'm going to give things a day or two to calm down, see what my housemates are like once it's less of a thing, but I might have to take you up on that :)
I am in the Comox Valley, though, so I'm a good two and a half hour drive away - will that pose a problem?

Are you sure they are wild because wild rats (and some pet rats) are agouti coloured.
Black rats (at least around here) are not wild, they are pets that someone abandoned outside to die.

Have you foud the missing 3 babies yet?

I'm going to give things a day or two to calm down, see what my housemates are like once it's less of a thing, but I might have to take you up on that :)
I am in the Comox Valley, though, so I'm a good two and a half hour drive away - will that pose a problem?

Not a problem at all, it's a lovely drive! Just let me know if you need me!

I was told that there is an SPCA ARC on the island that might be able to provide info
but wildlife places often use baby rodents as food for other animals

Last edited:
If the mom was a live and nursing 5 or 5 1/2 weaks old the boys would be removed and at 6 weeks the girls. It looked like there eyes were open but there still small I'd say that look around 3 to 4 weeks old.

Hello.if you have any way of bringing the baby to Vancouver I will be able to feed & foster. I just dont have transportation other then public. But I am willing to meet somewhere oreven pick thebaby up at the ferries this week.
Please msg me.ive raised mice babies so I have a bit of knowledge of rodents.i have pet mice

Back