BAD Breeder. Is this cancer?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys,
I am new to this forum. I wanna give some info first:
I have 3 rats myself (2 males and 1 female, in different cages) and today I got 2 new ratties from a breeder I came across on the internet. One hairless (female) and one albino rat (male). Yesterday I texted the guy and told him to please send the rats in seperated cages as I am NOT a breeder and I don't want unexpected babies. He said "sure" but sent them to me in the same box! I am now also sure that he had these ratties in the same box even before I got them too. And since hairless female rats have problems lactating I really have no idea what to do if she gives birth :help:
Both rats are really scared and shy but after spending some time with Casper (the male) he got used to me and he even likes to be pet. I tried to introduce him to my other males in the bathtub but he bit one of my rats, there was blood so I took them back to their own cages.
Now comes my question:
It is almost impossible to pet the female. She kept running away and tried to bite me. (Not like attacking, she kept opening her mouth) so I thought maybe she was hungry. I put some dried food and fruit in the cage and GOD she ATE like a bear! It has been an hour that I gave her food and she is still eating nonstop!! She is very skinny compared to my other hairless rat so my guess is that the breeder barely gave them any food. But the male one seems pretty huge so it may be that he ate most of the food and the female one didn't get to eat much.
The big problem now is, she has a HUGE scar in her back which is dark and looks like a scab. Is it possible for rats to have skin cancer? Or is this just a scar and dried blood? Since she has claw marks all over her hairless body it is possible that Casper scratched her. Or maybe even attacked her? I thought if he was that aggressive towards my rats and bit them it is possible that he may have bit the female too. Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!!!
20170325_193908.jpg

Back