very broken tail, cut before go worst

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ark

My rat have a broken tip of the tail, I supose it needs to be cut before gangrene or somerthing worst, i'm scared, I will go to vet but I dont have exotic vets here, please all help is needed

Please post a pic. Often they don't need surgery. If it is a small amount it can just dry out and fall off. Post a few pics.

Today I talked with the vet, for now the tail is not infected, I will apply some special cream in the tail 4 times + peroxide in the tail 4 times + special antiobiotic they gave to me 2 times day.

Going to vet is always a great idea, it gave me hope, sorry for my bad english

note: if you apply some cream on the animal be careful if the rat eats or lick it it can be toxic, vet gave me a honney based cream

Sorry for my bad english, thank you for your intherest <3

I've had a couple of rats over the years with broken tips. They usually necrotize and the tip falls off by itself. But we did give metacam for pain relief.

Sorry for the lack of updates, this tuesday will be vet time, the last time vet see her she was recovering nice, maybe we will not cut her tail, thanks for the support I will tell you what bet will say to me this tuesday, again, thanks for the help

Back